Đột răng tem kiểu máy may - Sewing machine roulettes on Vietnamese stamps

1975 - hiện tại
Khải-SG

Đột răng tem kiểu máy may - Sewing machine roulettes

Post by Khải-SG » Sun 12 Dec, 2010 8:10 am

Trích từ blog "stam collecting" (rảnh sẽ dịch sau)

Sewing machine roulette (also known as “Perce en points” or pin roulette) is one of the oldest and widely spread methods to separate stamps. As the name suggests, roulette is created with sewing (or similar) machine. In this roulette, small holes are pricked trough the paper one at a time,and no paper is removed (which is why this is a roulette, and not a perforation). These characteristic makes it somewhat easy to differentiate pin roulette from normal perforation. Lots of countries have used it up to very recent times, but as I’ve got my Vietnamese collection open, let’s display some of them.

First a Vietnamese stamp commemorating a centenary of Einstein’s birth. This is a very ordinary pin roulette as the teeth holes have lots of remainders still intact and the result is very uneven.

Then another item, and something I hope more knowledgeable readers of the blog might be able to answer…. Notice how the following stamps have varying papers and perforation / roulette styles. I’d like to know why such a variance?

The non-specialized catalogs I have, don’t mention nothing about this. However, I know that in some countries (like North Korea) printing quality has been occasionally tied to audience. Stamps going to local markets were printed to low quality pulp paper (and using other low quality methods such as pin roulette) while exported stamps (to western collectors) had premium paper (and other better grade solutions). Is it the same with these Vietnamese stamps, or is this just normal printers variation?
Con người cần phải sống có đạo lý & đạo lý đòi hỏi con người sự công bằng. Nghèo cho sạch, rách cho thơm.

nt

Post by nt » Sun 12 Dec, 2010 11:37 am

Hình như tem VN in theo kiều Pin Roulette bắt đầu từ thời của tem VNDCCH...???
Những tem loại này Dealer thường gọi là Hanoi hay Local printing..???

Sewing machine roulette (also known as “Perce en points” or pin roulette) is one of the oldest and widely spread methods to separate stamps. As the name suggests, roulette is created with sewing (or similar) machine. In this roulette, small holes are pricked trough the paper one at a time,and no paper is removed (which is why this is a roulette, and not a perforation). These characteristic makes it somewhat easy to differentiate pin roulette from normal perforation. Lots of countries have used it up to very recent times.......

Return to “Tem Việt Nam Thống Nhất”